Thursday, November 02, 2006

I got my "behind" kicked

Because I am such a lazy blogger. Because I haven't updated this thing in like forever. Because I haven't posted pics from Germany yet. Because I am a hopeless case when it comes to blogging!
... it's not that I don't want to share! ... it's just that I have been insanely BUSY!!! The time back home was so refreshing and sooo needed, but as soon as we got back to the US life turned all crazy again.
WHY?
* Had 2 QuicKutz make & takes within 1 week of each other
* went to a wedding shower in San Diego and to Disneyland the same day! Now how is that for driving and being a good sport?
* I started supervising and while training our new Admin Analyst I was trying to catch up on piles of work from when I was gone and updating our 5 Year forecast with my boss and coworker
* dealing with some not so fun family stuff in the US
* trying to go through my 3,000 (gasp) pics from Germany and Istanbul - as much as I love digital it's overwhelming when it comes to photo editing and trying to decide which ones to print. Still working on that one...
* and a long list of to do things (we all know about those)

On a more happy note
* got a new box filled with SEI goodies yesterday. I am sooo dang excited about the new lines and I can hardly wait to play this weekend.
* Jen my boss from Scrapsahoy came out with her own paper line and concept at MT. The concept is called Scrapbook Travellers Club. Got her first papers in my hands and they are yummy! But best of all, I probably will be able to meet her at CHA in January. ... and the girls who moved over to Scrapbook Travellers Club with Jen will have the opportunity to teach at CKU. I put in my request for Teachers Helper for a few shows and keeping my fingers crossed that I will be matched with my friend Tash!!! I think I would literally pass out!!! We have been talking on the phone forever and I soooo want to meet her in person and would love to this whole teaching at CKU with her together!!! keeping my fingers crossed :)
* Got 2 cards picked up for Cards publications (and yes they are both SEI - so double excited :) :)
* Got ROXY in the mail yesterday. I have been wanting to get that font 4-ever and when QK announced that they would bring back a retired font I was secretly praying that it was Roxy. And Roxy it was! Since we get all new releases I was jumping up and down like a little kid.

Keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. We will get some work related news about a reorganization. Tomorrow we will find out a little more and see how our division and each employee will be affected. I hope that we will not be torn apart and moved to different departments as we have such a great team, but for some reason I think we will be divided up.... so send some positive thoughts my way ;)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend,
Syb

2 comments:

Celia said...

Hey chicadee!!! Miss ya!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Syb, thanks so much for the Christmas card! It was such a nice surprise :)
Hugs, Kine