Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OK, I am a complete LOOOOSER ;)

I admit, I am a complete LOOOOOSER ;)
The weekend was too nice and time flew by so quickly that before I realized it, it was Tuesday morning, I was back at work and while looking at my to do list for work, all of a sudden it dawned on me that HOT DANG, I did it again! Complete neglection of my blog, after I have been nicely kicked in my butt - upon request - and what did I do, I just completely zoomed out!
FORGIVE ME!!! FORGIVE ME!!!!
I dont even know where to start... so much has happened these past few weeks. I think I am going to go back from the latest and greatest as that is still refreshing in my deteriorating mind! Yes, that's right, deteriorating! 33, going on 34 gives you enough excuse our days to blame it on early Alzheimers.

* Jer and I went to see "An inconvenient truth" this past weekend at the ArcLight in Hollywood. This is a movie about global warming and although I had heard and known some about it, it really opened my eyes to how fragile our "world" really is and that it is up to each and every one to participate in keeping this world what it is today and ensuring by our participation that our world as we know it is still there for our children and grandchildren and generations to come. If you are interested, please check the following link An inconvenient truth. And even better, if you have the time, go and see it in your theatres, it should be coming to more theatres at the beginning of June.

* I had a little scrapathon going on Friday and Saturday. Will post some pics soon. Friday I spent the day with Inken at her place and Saturday I went over to Ang's place and scrapped with Ang and Margarita. There really is nothing better than spending time with friends and scrapping :)

* Jer and I purchased a car!!! Take a peak...







I am so dang excited. We finally can load stuff in the trunk without having to rent the rental truck at Home Depot, and no more taking 2 cars to the airport to pick up family and friends! Should all fit nice and neatly now. And best of all, the gas mileage is VERY good for a small sized SUV. And we splurged a little - leather seats, seat warmer on butt and on back (soooo nice, I'm having a hard time leaving the car), and a DVD player for the back that we really didn't care about, but that's the way it came. Another family purchased a Saturn Vue 6 for their daughter. The car we originally wanted... the car without all the gadgets, the car that was a little cheaper, but we didn't make it in time. Jer jokingly said to me to run over and to lick the car as in the commercial. I was tempted - trust me. We even took a pick of me pretending to lick the new car - gotta give hubby two thumbs up. He is well trained on what are scrap worthy events ;)

* Family, oh family, oh what can I say. While I am so very blessed with my wonderful parents, Jer kinda is haunted by his to say the least. What do you do if you so badly want to say something but you have to bit your tongue, over and over again. I am just not good at that. I am trying to be patient, trying to be very, very patient, but the patience is stretching thin! My MiLaw sent us an email. I am not going into details, because you really never know who runs into your blog and reads this, but truth be told, I really, really had a hard time to be patient and to say NADA, NOTHING, to keep quite, to just soak it in.
How do you all go about stuff like that?

*Jer and I went to see the poppies a few weeks ago - the only problem was that there were no poppies left (see below). Apparently the entire hill is covered in gold when all the poppies bloom, but for some reason we must have missed the big event and only got to see this lonely little poppy all by itself ;( Bummer



I promise to upload some new layouts soon. Just finished a really cool one about Jer and his dad and all the differences. It will be on Scrapsahoy on June 1st and than I can upload it here. So hang tight!
Hugs to all and have a great rest of the week!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Syb,congrats on the new car!
My mom told me about the movie,and I really want to see it,but we just HAD to go see the DaVinci Code first :-)
Sorry,dass es am Montag mit dem Anruf nicht geklappt hat,aber Dan hat meinen einzigen freien Tag verplant :-( und wir haben ihn bei meinen Schwiegereltern verbracht.Dabei hab ich Dir auch so viel zu erzaehlen!!!
Zwecks Familiendrama kann ich Dir auch gut nachfuehlen,bei uns isses genauso! Dan sagt schon immer,dass es echt bloed ist,dass wir hier leben,wo ich doch so an meiner family haenge,waehrend es ihm fast lieber waere,von seiner upgefuckten Familie ganz weit weg zu sein.Ironisch,oder?
Anyway,I gotta run,work is waiting...
Hugs and kisses!
Miss you!!
Assi

Unknown said...

Hey Syb! So how to stay quiet? Umm.. that is hard one. I do it all the time. It is very hard and my feelings get hurt a lot but I always wonder what good will it do to say something? In my case I let the other people win. They see me down and it's a form of satisfaction to them so why do it. I normally walk away and turn the other way. Is it always good to do that? Nope it's not. But when it's family it makes it that much harder. :-(

yezenia said...

That is a sad little poppy. :(

Nice new wheels though. :)

Faye said...

Cool car Syb, you'll look very important driving around in that. Love your layout on SA. I wish I had a 10th of your talent.

Martha Bravo said...

WOW that car looks awesome Syb! enjoy it and I am so glad you are updating I miss to read your blog, I love it!
Cuidate!