Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Update

OK, it's been a while since I updated my blog... to be honest, I have been debating if I should keep it or if I should get rid of it. I decided to try to update it on a more regular basis for one more month and see how things are going.

1) Got my back injured and are laying in bed right now, with the laptop on my lap. Thank heaven for technology ourdays. I did some power cleaning last week and hurt my back and must have pinched a nerve as the pain is going right to my leg and to the knee. No fun! Each time I move around, its shoting pains right into my leg! Yikes. Saw the doctor on Monday and am on anti-inflamatory medication and some other drugs to releave the pain.

2)Hubby has decided he wants to go back to school. I am so excited for him ... He has looked into a Bachelors degree at the University of Phoenix for ITT. We are waiting to hear some information on his VA bill to decide if we can bare the expenses right now and if he can start classes on Saturday. Not much time to take a decision... but this is the last time that they are starting classes at the Woodland Hills location, so it would be wonderful location wise. Otherwise he would have to go to the campus somewhere in West Los Angeles. Some classes are online, others are on campus. Now we are just waiting to hear back on the VA stuff. Jer did some research on the internet and found some wording that can be interpreted two different ways...
*either you receive $xxx or you have to use the $XXX within 10 years, whatever is less... We are wondering if you have to have the education completed within 10 years or if you are ok to just start drawing the $ within 10 years. This will defintely decide if we can do it right away or if we will need to look at another way to make schooling become reality. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out and that he can go back! I am so excited... after I have been bugging him for years to go back to school, I finally started about 2 years ago... and now he decided himself he wants to go back! So much for bugging, huh??

3) Went to the Hollywood Bowl for the very first time on July 16th with Inken, Andy, Barbara and 2 of Andy & Inken's friends from MusicCare. We had seats in a booth - amazing! Can't wait to go back there soon :)

4) The kitchen is moving along... we got a call from Lowe's today that the cabinets are supposed to be in on July 29th. We are supposed to get a call from the manufacturer to deliver the goodies and than the installers are coming over for inspection and to determine if they cabinets are ok or if some of them need to be returned. We are moving along... can't wait to FINALLY see the finished project. It feels like ages that we had a kitchen and it's funny, all I am craving are the simple things, like a homemade soap. Eating out is fun, but if you do it for an extended period of time, it's getting very tiring. <----- REMINDER, once we have our kitchen back!!! It's fun to eat at home LOL!

5) Awe.... just got the new class schedule from ML for their August - October classes. They are offering the lighting class Ang, Inken and I wanted to take in middle of October. Keeping my fingers crossed that Inken is not on vacation during that time, but I have a bad feeling for some reason... I hope that we will be able to go thought! The first class we took "F-stops" was absolutely fabulous!

6) I SWEARRRRR, and you can quote me... one of our next home remodeling projects will be an A/C!!!! It's so darn hot right now (in the 100's) that we can barely breath! We are trying to survive with fan and water spray bottles, but it's no piece of cake! Yikes!!! I can't wait for fall to come but I doubt that it's around the corner!

... thats about it... hoping that the pain is finally going away! I want to be able to walk again without feeling a sharp pain go down my leg! Just moving without jumping and getting tears in my eyes!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Sorry to hear about your back. That is a bummer! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Good to hear about the progress on your kitchen!! That is exciting!! :)
Congrats to Jer for going back to school! Hope you guys can get that worked out so he can get in to the closer campus!
Hugs!
Tasha