Saturday, July 29, 2006

Adieu Scrapbook Room/Studio

GASP!!!!!!
*
YOu probably wonder if you read right and what the heck is going on! Gasp again! It's true, I have officially given up my "alone" studio space to have it converted into a his/her office/studio area instead of being the sole owner. And NO, it's not the heat that damaged my brain cells, although I wonder how I will manage with all my "stuff". You see, dh has been in school for nearly 1 year. He has written papers on our coffee table in the living room, has moved around between living and dining room and I just feel its not fair that I occupy and entire room doing my thing while he is doing something for both of us by going back to school. He needs his area too, he deserves his area, I feel good about sharing my area with him and I dont have any regrets. The opposite, I am looking forward being in the same room working on projects while he is working on school stuff, looking over my shoulder and seeing him. To me, that's what its all about... giving up a little bit of room to share with the person I love. We got two really awesome corner desks in white, Jer repainted the room yesterday and I am so stinking excited about the transformation that will happen today. See, the room was originally purple... Three years ago I wanted to create a fun "oasis" for myself that was relaxing, but lately this color has really taken every bit of creativity out of me. I kept looking at the walls wondering what I was thinking... So now the walls are a caramel/frappuchino color, smoothing brownish with trendy white trim. Looks awesome... the desks will be white and all in all it should look pretty darn cool. I also hope that this transformation will help me in putting my stuff away, to be cleaner once I am finished with a project and to put stuff back where it belonged. So far I must have been worlds "dirtiest" scrapper :) I will post pics later today or tomorrow, once everything is moved in and ready to go. I am on a roll today and just hope that the weather is not wearing me out too quick. I want to get this done, I want to move in, I want to start creating... it's been nearly 2 weeks that I did a layout... nearly two weeks that I was motivated and truth told, I have a bunch of assignments for layouts/cards due by 8/1 and 8/14. So I better get rolling....
Keep posted for the new "HIS/HER" area... I can already picture it in my head... it's going to be AWESOME. ... and let's be honest, who is so fortunate to actually have a hubby right besides while creating :) ME!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you!!! I bet you will be spending even more time in there now that you both will occupy the area! Glad to see you are well!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome syb! can't wait to see the new area...i didn't know you were going to do this so soon - very cool!