Thursday, January 05, 2006

A little time off :)

Jer and I took a few days off this week to go down to San Diego and to spend some quality time together! FINALLY! It has been way too long that we were able to get away together and we really, really enjoyed spending time together and it felt like such a refresher to our marriage! We left LA on Tuesday morning and drove to San Diego. We went to Horton Plaza, spend a few hours shopping and took a stroll through the Gaslamp district. Afterwards we drove around San Diego and enjoyed the beautiful surrounding, beach, etc.
Today we went to Sea World. Lots of shows, lots of photos, and lots of fun. And best of all - My back held up ok. I am sooooooo thankful and happy. I was really worried that I would not be able to walk all day, but knock on wood. I think all the acupuncture, the physical therapy and me starting to slowly working out again is helping. I promised myself to do anything possible (do my back exercises, continue acupuncture, and start slowly to work out again) to prevent back surgery. So now I am just hoping and praying that my body is responding and that those two slipped disks are good and stopping to bug me :)
Thanks everyone for your continuing support, prayers and thoughts!!! Photos from our trip will follow soon.
And tomorrow (Friday), I have an entire day to scrap with my friend Inken. We signed up at our LSS for the Moonlighter but we are going in for the entire day. Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful break from work. Your days off sound wonderful!!
I will say...I am glad that you are back though. lol

Martha Bravo said...

Oh Syb! now I am super jealous! I love love, love San Diego! I am glad you could have that time for you guys and that you spent it that well!
Take care and I hope you continue to feel better each day!

Anonymous said...

That's so nice that you and Jer shared some time together...

I wish I could just create a spell to make you better. :) But keep it up and I'm sure all the acupuncture and persistence will pay off.

- Chic