Thursday, February 23, 2006

Almost Friday....

... almost there...
just soaked in the tub for the past hour... was so nice. For some reason I felt a little blue today and needed to pamper myself to get out of this funky mood. I swear, there is nothing more healing than soaking up in hot water, reading a good book, closing your eyes for a few minutes and just refocusing...

Friday is just around the corner:
I love Fridays - see, I am working 9/80 meaning I am off every other Friday and the Fridays I have to work, I get paid, so what is there not to love??? Well the only thing I can think of is getting that paycheck and heading out the door - sounds awefully good :)
Plans for this weekend:

Saturday: Appointment with our tax dude. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a big refund. Who knows, maybe this will be our first summer in this house we no longer have to walk around half naked with the spray bottle around our neck in order to survive the California summer... yes, thinking of finally adding that long overdue A/C!!! How the heck did the build homes without A/C anyways....
Than on the other hand, Jer's car is pretty much running on it's last leg or tire LOL, so we might have to suffer through another summer,- we shall see. I am sure we will have no problems getting that refund on the man. I am thinking there is also always that sb room that is in dire need for some nice furniture! One can dream right!

The next few weekends are pretty much booked up:
Jer is heading to Chicago for a conference the first weekend in March and I will be going to Utah for my QK retreat in the middle of March...
We had originally planned on going to Germany in April but my dad is having an operation at the beginning of March and about 1 1/2 months of physical therapy afterwards... I think we might have to reschedule that trip a little later in the year. I am getting antsy to be honest. I haven't been home in over 2 years. We have rather unsucessfully scheduled and rescheduled our trip several times and it just wasn't meant to be. I dont know how things will be turning out, but I know that I WILL be going home this year!!! Not sure when, but its going to happen!!!

Looking forward to next Friday. I am signed up for a full day of scrapping with a few friends at my LSS. From morning till 2 a.m. Awwwwwwwwwww, I am counting the days....
Have a good weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...you sound very relaxed now. You have quite a busy schedule going on. It's good to pamper yourself now and then.

Don't worry you'll be able to go home soon. I'm sure you must miss Alemania and your family so much. I hope the tax goods are good to you guys. You definately need air cond this year.

I'm so looking forward to next friday. We are gonna have a blast at the crop. I'm starting to pull pix and get some organization going on. So see you then and take care.
.M.