Saturday, February 04, 2006

Life is GOOD...

Life has been really good this year so far! Although work has kept me busy the past few weeks, I have also been busy creating and really soaking life in!

Today was wonderful. Ang and I left for the Memories Store in Tustin at 9 a.m. Since traffic is usually pretty heavy on the 5, we decided to leave early and rather sneak a little coffee break in once we get there than to run late. We got there at around 10:45 a.m. The QuicKutz make and take that I was suppost to give was not scheduled until Noon, so we decided to stop at Old Navy and get a cup of coffee.
Before the QK make and take, Phil did a KI make and take and at Noon Ang and I took over the Make & Take area. The Memories/Paperzone store has this really cool set up in the front of the store - a permanent area for demos and make and takes with two work stations.
Below is the make and take sample of the valentins card I created with the Love Theme Kit from QuicKutz:


Our two stations were busy for the 2 hours we were there. It was fun to show people how to use the tool (for beginners) and to show experts the new Love Theme kit and it's possibilities and it was nice getting to know new scrappers! The Love Theme Kit definitely was the hot selling item of the day :)
At 2 p.m. we started wrapping up our make and take and Tricia from L'il Davis and Phil took over the station for the next two hours.
After a little shopping at the store, Ang and I went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and headed on to Scrapbook Oasis afterwards. We were able to use our gift voucher from the garage sale to get some of the new SEI & American Craft papers and stickers. Afterwards we drove to Strictly Scrapbooking and headed for Coldstone before driving back up to LA.
Definitely a DAY WORTH REMEMBERING and CHERISHING!
My partner in crime


*
Got a new haircut on Thursday evening. I really need to see if I can get a photo of Ricardo my hair stylist and do a little layout about this dude :) He is amazing with those siccors. Hair is flying left and right ... and that speed... almost makes you dang nervous, but the result is always amazing!!!!


Syb

I will be going back next Thursday evening to get strawberry blond highlights! Will post more photos than.
*
Have a fabulous weekend boys and girls~!~~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a FUN day!! I wish I was there. THe card that you made it totally cute!! I am loving quickutz more and more!!! Congrats on a successful make-n-take!! :)

Anonymous said...

you look georgous,girlfriend!!! i have a hair appt. on feb 17th,but no idea what i'm getting done....
i'm glad to hear your make and take was such a huge success.saw your pic in the background on one of the pics someone took at CHA at the QuickKutz booth :-)
i have to tell you about my weekend in DC,you won't believe what happened!!
the speech Bono gave was unfriggin'believeable and made me cry.he is such a good, caring person!!
i'm off to work now,but i hope we can talk again soon!

miss you!!

assi

Unknown said...

Oh so jealous, sounds like you and Ang had a wonderful girl day together. I'm really proud of you syb!

-bucket

Anonymous said...

i forgot to post about your new hair cut - it is too cute! I want to see a pic when you get your highlights!! :) Have someone take a pic of Roger then.:D

Anonymous said...

SYB!!! That card for the Make N Take is fabulous! As is everything you get your scrappy hands on!! Glad it went well! Love the new do!!!

Martha Bravo said...

you've been busy huh? I am so glad for you Syb. I need a private demo of the QK tool I now want one so badly!
You look BEAUTIFUL with that new hairdo! A new look for this new exciting year!

Anonymous said...

Hey ! So glad to have found your blog! Looks like you and Ang had a great time. Tena