Tuesday, December 13, 2005

11 more days, can you believe it?

11 more days and it's Xmas Eve. I can't believe it how time is passing and the sad thing is that I am not at all in xmas spirit. We just barely got the tree up last week... Still need to purchase presents, finish handmade presents, the cards are on my desk but need to be written and mailed (wonder if I get them out before xmas this year LOL), and I am not sure if my back will allow me to bake what usually puts me in a complete xmas mood.
Need to call my friend Joe with whom I get together each xmas to bake. Yes, a guy and he makes the most delicious italian wedding cookies. Its the most fun day when we get together. we usually start early and sip on wine throughout the day and in the afternoon we giggle and laugh and to heck with the cookies. We are known as the italian/german team in our office and everyone is begging for cookies.
*
Had a little downer today... My back is not getting better the speed I wish and although the acupuncture is helping immensly, it's putting a big old hole in our wallet right before xmas. But a girl with a bad back gotta do what a girl gotta do, right. So more needles in Friday :) Can you believe that I forgot the time for my appointment today. I called in to check what time I was supposed to be there, and expected them to put some needles in my head as well for "brain damage". LOL. Luckily they didn't. Whoever reads this and believes in positive prayer, please think of me. My best xmas present would be to stand up streight again and to be able to walk right. I am terrified that I will eventually have back surgery if things are not progressing.
*
It seems like our contract at work is going to pass. I am so bummed and disappointed that people just take the easy road out. No one is willing to stand up anymore and take a stand for what they believe in. I am still talking to a few people but it seems like the boat is sinking and I feel discouraged. I sometimes wonder what was different in history and time when people did take a stand, no matter what they faced? I feel the best changes happened when people stood up and spoke out. Where would be be otherwise?
*
There is something I am wishing for so badly right now that I can't seem to concentrate and get it out of my head. I guess it's wishful thinking, hoping for something that will disappear in no time like a big bubble that busts. Still hoping and praying...
*
AND the COUNTDOWN IS ON.... 11 more days.... take a little time each day, sit down, listen to music, enjoy the lights, enjoy the xmas magic, and spend time with your loved ones!
Hugs to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Syb, so sorry you're not really feeling better.I wish there was something I could do to help you.
I know what you should do in the future to get yourself in the christmas spirit: go to a TSO show! i can guaran-f-ing-tee you that that will put you in the christmas spirit.it has been working for me for seven years now!!!
dein paeckchen kam uebrigens an,ich hatte ldier noch nicht mal zeit,den inhalt richtig anzuschauen.aber vielen tausend dank,dass du mir das zeug geschickt hast!!! schulde ich dir noch was zwecks postage?
also,bussi,bille,und meld dich mal wieder!
hope you feel better soon!

miss you!!

assi