Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Update

Two days after Christmas... wow, this year, Christmas came so fast and went by even faster! I still can not believe that it's over and that we have to wait another year for it to come again! I love Christmas, all the prepping, the atmosphere, and I usually get a little sentimental when it is over :)
*
A quick recap of what we did:
Saturday, Dec. 24th: Yes, I admit (last gift wrapping). We went over to Jer's grandmothers place and met with his grandma, mom, stepdad, auncles, aunts, cousin(e)s in the evening. We had tons of food, a fabulous and fun gift exchange and it was so nice to see some family members again that I had not seen in a while. Reminds you of what it is all about... The kids have gotten so much bigger and older and 2 of them just started college while 1 is getting ready in summer. They are all GREAT kids or I probably should say TEENAGERS. They fun to be around, they are loving and sweet and they all have awesome personalities. If Jer and I ever have a child, I really hope and pray that the kid turns out the way all his cousin(e)s have turned out.
*
December 25th: We had Jer's dad, stepmother, grandma and his stepmom's grandson over and made a turkey. It all turned out good. The food was awesome (although we went the simple road and ordered a meal that only needed 2 hours in the oven from Ralphs). We got Ricky a game that I used to play when I was a kid and we ended up playing and had a blast!
*
December 26th: Talked to my family back home in Germany. (I had briefly spoken to each of them on the 24th and the 25th) but we had a chance to catch up in the morning. Afterwards we decided to do check out some car lots to see if we would find a good deal on a car but ended up not finding anything worth while. Jer's car is getting old, the miles are piled on and Jer's dad just got a new Jeep for a great deal, which made us think it was a good time to look. I guess we will wait for another 10 months and see if we can find something before all the models from the year are sold.
*
December 27th: Back to work for me today. It was a quite day and besides getting follow up questions on Mid Year, it was quiet and slow. I will have a few days off next week...and can't wait.
*
And here are the things planned for the remainder of the week:
1.) I need to get my butt into the scrapping gear and work on a few assignments
2.) I am starting physical therapy for my back on Thursday morning.
3.) I am planning on getting my Asian symbol (the symbol for happiness) tattoo with my coworker on Thursday late afternoon. Let's see if I chicken out. I saw this awesome add a while back where a woman had a cute little asian symbol on her foot. I instantly fell in love but I am a chicken, so we will see what happens. {AND I hope Wendy is not reading this, since I practically talked her and another coworker into going with me and we are ALL scheduled :)
4.) New Years is coming up... can't wait to get together with friends to ring in the New Year

And last but not least, I have some EXCITING NEWS I can't wait to share!!!!!!!!!!!Make sure to check back! Just a little longer....
Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU BIG TEASE!!! What is it? Are you really going to make me wait? Can I weasel it out of you on the phone tonight? lol

Sounds like you guys had a good, relaxing Christmas. Those are the best kind - filled with food, presents and lots of love. :D

Anonymous said...

dude! i can't wait. I must know! tell me tell me tell me!!!

Megan R said...

Still waiting for your exciting news, I thought you might have posted it!!! Can't wait to hear!

Juls said...

Can't wait to hear your big news as well. Could it be...?