Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh NOOOO... I saw my xmas present by mistake!

I am really bad when it comes to presents. When I was younger I would try to unwrap the presents, take a peak and wrap them back up. When I got older I would ask so many questions, that by the time xmas rolled around I had a good idea what was inside the wrapped boxes.
The past 2 years I have been really good and got surprised! No more questions, just touching and feeling and most of the times I didn't know what it was. This year, dh and I agreed to only exchange something really small.
Yesterday evening I was on the PC doing some online banking when dh came in the room and tried rather unsuccessful to get me away from my PC. He finally said: "Get off the online banking... you are going to find out what I got you". My response was, "I am sure I won't - it's something small we agreed on and there are so many charges before xmas that I won't figure it out".... so I kept going! NOOOTTTT GOOOODDDD!!! All of a sudden I saw a rather expensive charge from our local photo store. "Jer, what did you buy at the photo store"? Poor guy was standing in the door way with such a disappointed face that I almost started crying. DUH!!!! He explained that he wanted to surprise me and that he had it all planned out to give me a present on Xmas Day.
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I felt so terrible! I had ruined his sweet surprise plan and I had ruined my surprise. I dont know if we both laughed more or cried more....
SO Todays ADVISE:
1.) Don't pay anything with your ATM card! Take out cash! No money trail
2.) Women - DO under NOOOOOO circumstances do your online banking BEFORE XMas! Just wait a few days and do it AFTERWARDS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a bummer!! So... are you going to share what you got? or do you just know that it is from the camera store? Did he get you a phat new lens?

Anonymous said...

:( i found out what i'm getting b/c of paypal... likewise from my husband... stinking internet

Anonymous said...

I got her a 100mm macro lense for her 20d. She pretty much new thats what it was once she saw the charge on the internet. Sorry hunny :(.

Crystle said...

Syb that brought tears to my eyes, I love so muched to be surprised and for some reason it never comes off without a hitch....