Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thank You...

THank you all for your sweet posts and emails! I am back to work as of yesterday. I am still walking hunched over and I am still in pain but it's nothing compared to the last week and a half.
I had my third acupuncture appointment yesterday and I really think that it has helped relieve some of the pain. I am scheduled for another one tomorrow and I start up with Physical Therapy next week. Just taking it one step at a time!

Haven't really had the chance to do any xmas fun stuff yet. Usually we would have the tree up, have some of our decoration out and feel xmasy all around, but this year just will be a little different. I am hoping that Jer is putting the tree up this weekend and that we can decorate it together. Luckily I am done with all my shopping for my family back home and the package is on it's way. One thing of the plate... now we just need to find some time to go out and purchase presents for the rest of the family here. I promise, if I am not doing better I am taking advantage of the internet :)

My birthday was very different from what I expected. I definitely will need to celebrate and get out and party once I am back to normal again. Inken my sweet friend was over and gave me company, so we at least had some laughter going! But how can you celebrate when you body is not playing along?

Definitely time to change a few things around:
* Time to relax and recup
* No more cleaning - Yes, we are hiring a crew every other week. So that hopefully will help and prevent me from lifting, bending, etc.
* Need to take things slow... no more rushing, and trying to get stuff done in between
* Need to try building up my stomach muscles and back muscles to support my spine
I am sure there is a lot more to do but just a few little things for now!

I was supposed to go to a Moonlighter last Friday with Inken, but I had to cancel. So much for knowing when your body is not up to speed. When would you ever drop the opportunity to crop away all night long?? I think I have never done this so far.

On another note... we are finally having our kitchen back. I am so excited. It's been such a long time since February since the Waterheater exploded and left us without a kitchen. First all the insurance struggle, than contractors, waiting for orders, etc. And now, we are finally HOME. Jer was a sweetie and cleaned it all out and put all the dishes away. What a keeper!!! I will post pics soon. It turned out so amazing... pretty much what I had envisioned all along and what had kept us going.

So what does a girl do when she did nothing but lay down for nearly 2 weeks?? I think I have read about 4 books, have watched TV as never before and my limit in sleeping is about exceeded LOL. I am soooooooo ready to get moving again... keeping those fingers crossed that things progress and that I am back to normal in a few weeks and than keeping those fingers crossed that the next "attack" is not any time near!!!!
Thanks again for all your well wishes! A kind word can put a big smile on someones face. Pay it forward!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy B-lated Birthday Syb! Rest up your back too... sounds so painful!
-bucket