Friday, June 10, 2005

OK I am taking the plunge

For a few months I have been thinking of creating a blog. In fact, I had create one but than I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures, so I decided to just delete it. Having some spare time on my hands, I decided to take the plunge again... so here we go...
Still wondering if I will be able to upkeep this - time seems so precious and passing so quickly that I am not sure if the few hours to myself I have each day will give me enough time to stay up to date. We'll see... No pressure :)

It's 9 a.m. Friday and I have a day off. Yeah! I love having every second Friday off and wouldn't know what to do if all of a sudden I had to give these days up. They keep me sane, they keep me balanced, they are a treasure! Usually I meet up with friends on these days off and we go shopping, scrapbook, go for coffee and just hang out. Today I am on my own as Inken is in Germany. I wish she was around - it's so much nicer to have company, but I know I have a lot of things on my plate, so I can focus a bit on my to do list.

The contractors are here right now... I can hear the banging from the adjacent kitchen... It's looking good and I feel like we are finally moving along. It's been a long road, but it will be so worth it in the end. I can picture the new kitchen in front of me! I can picture our new cabinets, countertop, floor. And I can picture us in there... cooking, chatting, laughing. When we moved into our house, we knew that the kitchen eventually had to go. But life is crazy and for the past 2 years we have been busy remodeling pretty much everything but the kitchen. We knew the kitchen was a big undertaking... and an expensive one. And I think if our hot waterheater had not exploded on us and put the kitchen under water we would have waited for this project until next year. The more I am excited to say though that it is moving along ... that I assume in less than 8 weeks we will have a beautiful new kitchen.


BloggerBot


Blogger

So whats on my list to do today: Scrapbook Safari has a sell. I promised Martha to pick up some Doodlebug rubons for her (and some for me LOL). Than off to the post office... mailing items to ST for the Holiday Idea Book. I am still very excited that I got an email. I just recently started to submit a few things. And it surely feels nice to receive emails and a call back. I promise myself not to get crazy over it. If I have something that fits a call - great, but I am trying to keep things in perspective - meaning 1. Family 2. Friends 3. Work and time for myself. I want to keep scrapbooking a pleasure, a joy, KWIM? Whatever follows will be embraced, but if it doesn't than that's ok too.

Anyways, off to run some errands...

No comments: