Monday, June 20, 2005

An unexpected email that made me happy!

I received a very unexpected email last week from my friends Ock Hee and Jee Hee. We lived together in Tours/France for 6 months while attending "L'Institute de Touraine" to study French in 1996! We shared a lot of stories, laughers and wonderful times together. After the 6 months, Ock Hee moved to Paris to study art, Jee Hee moved to Paris to study fashion and I went to Paris for 3 months to work in Euro Disneyland before returning to Germany to go back to university. Our ways parted but we kept in touch. A few years ago, while moving I lost all my addresses and was never able to get some of them back... one of them was Ock Hee's. Can you imagine my excitement when my parents emailed me that Ock Hee had contacted them asking for my contact information. Within a few days a few emails went back and forth... in English, in French, trying to see what each of us had been up to these past years. It's wonderful to hear from a special friend again after all this time... feels like coming home!
OK, my french is really, really bad now... I can read and understand some of it, but can't really compile sentences anymore... but here it goes... to Ock Hee and Jee Hee:

Je penses toujour à toi et tu me manques beaucoup!! Je t'embrasse très fort et à bientôt!!!!


BloggerBot

5 comments:

Alice the Brit said...

Well *I* know what the French means since I lived in France for a year too (back in 1980) but check out what the altavista babel translator thinks it means (I had to add the missing s on tourjour though)

"I always think of you and I miss much you!! I very extremely kiss you and with soon!!!!"

I liked the very extremely kiss you !!!

Then I typed in what I thought you meant in English

I think of you often and miss you very much. A strong tight hug to you and see you soon.

and it came back with (naturally Vous rather than Tu)

Je pense à vous souvent et m'ennuie de vous beaucoup. Une étreinte serrée forte à vous et vous voient bientôt.

I could have a lot of fun with that translator!!

LOL

Alice, mumto4ms - JenW's friend

Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

I am always cracking up about translation programs and the outcome.
DH and I uploaded a program to learn German for him on the PC and guess what... he ended up being the native, while I was the tourist!!! :)

Martha Bravo said...

How cool is that Syb! I'm so glad for you! good friends are always a great support in life, it doesn't matter you don't see each other frequently.

OH! I see you made up your mind with the blog issue! it's good to share ;) !!!

Angela S. said...

great! now you're going to start talking in french...i was just getting used to being lost in german!

i love my international best buds!
wink-wink! -ang

Anonymous said...

Hey there! So glad I came upon your blog! Now I will add it to my places to visit (what sees like everyday). :) LOVIING what you're doing with the kitchen! Can't wait to see the finished photos.