Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Off to see the dermatologist

YEAP, I officially scheduled an appointment and I took today off to go see him to have all my moles and freakles checked... the full nine yards so to say. The appointment is in the middle of the day, so I figured it was better to take a vacation day than wait another month until I get another appointment. I have let this one go for way too long.. Being a redhead with tons of freakles just puts me in the top class for possible skin cancer down the road... After my boss just got diagnosed with melagnoma, I knew I had to go and take care of something I had been pushing away for 2 1 /2 years now. I hope everything is fine {not worried at this time, but than again, you never know and its important to get checked out every so often}. Not thrilled of having my body examined, but what can you do, huh? I hope they don't have to take something out. Just not good with needles and all that stuff.
*
Thinking back...
My mom has always been really good with protecting her little redheaded daughter with SPF 50 sunscrean. I didn't launch in the sun as other people did in the 80, simple because I knew I would look like a fried chicken at the end of the day and my skin would turn dark red rather than the desired effect of brown. Looking back, I am grateful that I was careful in those earlier days, although I still had my fair share of excruciating painful sunburns. I fell asleep on the beach one day back in the 90 and the pain I felt when I woke up was about the worst I have ever felt in my life. My back felt like it had major burn marks and ever move and skin stretching brought tears to my eyes. I remember I barely was able to sit for 2 weeks... Lesson learned!
Nowadays I avoid the sun as much as I can. However, there are still plenty of times when you can't hid from it! So that's why I am going to get checked out! As a precaution, to make sure that my milk like complection is not damaged in a harmful way. I also noticed a mole/freakle that is darker than all the other ones right over my eye. It's hard to see and to be honest I have no idea how long it has been there. You can only see when I close that eye! YEAH, that's my problem! Not knowing what the heck is a freakle and what is a mole! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO, did you put your sunscreen on today?

-ang