Saturday, October 08, 2005

Pumpkin Patch







After we were stuck in the house all day waiting for our appliances to be delivered, Jer and I were in desperate need to get out for a little bit. We decided to go to the pumpkin patch near Pierce College. It was a blast! Unfortunately, it was after 7 and right after we got there, it started getting really dark... yikes! So much for taking pics! Nevertheless, got this cute shoot of dh!!! Played a little bit in photoshop elements and tried to take the colors out but leave the color of the pumpkins...Not really happy yet, ... need to play a little more, but wanted to upload it anyways.

I love fall... it's one of my favorite seasons (although it's still dang hot here in California). Below is a little list of why I love fall:
* love that it finally gets a little bit colder (gradually, but we will get there :)
* love to get out the sweaters - just thinking of it give me a feeling of relaxation
* love to cuddle underneath a blanket and watch a good movie
* love the smell of candles - not sure why I don't get in the mood to burn candles during the summer, but can't get enought during fall and winter
* love sipping a good cup of tea in the evening
* anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I think my favorite months of the year are November and December. I love the holidays.
* getting together with friends, family... for the holidays
* working on handmade xmas cards
* all the wonderful smells from the kitchen
* baking homemade cookies
* cider and hot cocoa
* taking a tour to look at xmas lights
* listening to xmas music
* gift wrapping presents
* rain

Things I don't care that much for during that season:
* packed department stores
* the rush to purchase presents
* my workload at works starts picking up at the beginning of November and stays crazy until April
* and last but definitely NOT LEAST... I am getting insanely homesick during these two months! I miss my family so much, miss the xmas atmosphere in Germany and all the little traditions and odds and ends... I am trying to recreate as much as I can, but it's still not the same.

Jer and I had originally planned on going HOME to Germany for xmas. Things are not looking good at this time... Mostly because Jer did not get off work during xmas and even if someone who has more senority than he does changes his mind at this point, we probably won't get a flight anymore or it's way too expensive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love these photos Syb! But where are the photos of you??!! :P

Anonymous said...

Syb, I know exactly how you feel.You summed up my feeling about this time of year perfectly!
I only want to add one thing: I can't wait to carve a pumpkin,it is sooo much fun !!!

Love,

Assi

Anonymous said...

I had to giggle at Jer because he doesnt look like he is having much fun. lol Poor guy gets roped into your photos for your class.
On another note - love the colors in the photos! and YES....where are YOU?!!

Martha Bravo said...

WOW Syb! I love this pictures! I want to see what you create with them! I am a FALL lover so this time of the year is my favorite!

Martha Bravo said...

Oh and I need to show my frinds this pics. their older kids keep on calining about being photographer at the pumpkin patch!! Jer is so nice!