Friday, September 09, 2005

HARD work pays off...

YES ITS TRUE!!! Hard work pays off. Per our MOU/contract, our bargaining union gets a bonus once a year based on performance. By performance they mean "going above and beyond" your regular job duties. Well since I am doing financial and budgeting work day in day out, it is pretty hard to be creative and come up with something new, but I had several ideas and projects I took care of the past year and I got my bonus today!!!! I am so flipping excited. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I looked at my paycheck! So sweet!!! Planning my trip to the camera store tonight to get that Canon 28-135 mm IS lense I have been having my eyes on forever!! ... and who knows.. maybe Jer and I can finally take that trip to Hawai we have been dreaming of! With all the crazy house remodeling and renovations most of our $$ has gone to new cabinets, countertops and when Jer returned to school recently we knew that we had to go back on a budget. So this is a nice little/big extra that feels like chocolate to my soul. ... walking on cloud 9 even if its just for a few days {{so freaking excited }}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO! Congrats Syb! That is some exciting news! Hey so when are we getting together?