Wednesday, September 14, 2005

... nothing new.. just rambling

* played with my camera and I am just amazed... amazed what this machine can do... amazed at how much you actually can do with it if you take the time to figure it out and play instead of using the "dummy bottom" as our photo teacher calls it. I guess I have been in the dark for too long and now I feel like I am seeing a little light and can't wait for it to shine brighter and brighter with each day of playing and experiencing. Just somehow wondering why it has taken me so long to look deeper into something that I have done all my life... taking photos. Why has it taken 32 years to wanting to do more than just press that bottom and capture the moment. Why haven't I wanted to capture the moment more with the creativity a camera can give me---> I guess beating myself up at this point will not change the fact that it has taken me this long... so I am just looking ahead and I am so grateful that I am finally having an eye opening and finally wanting to put my heart and soul into these pictures I take instead of just snapping them... KWIM? It's just so amazing and I know I am repeating myself but I am so geeked with the artistic and creative freedom and all that is out there...
* I so need to get a car wash... I am putting it in black and white and hope that makes me stop and rush this dirty thing with four wheels through a complete makeover = car wash! The day just always seems so short and I never seem to be able to squeeze everything in it... wish we had 48 hours instead of 24, but not even sure I would get everything done than.
* Another photo class tomorrow night! Yeah! Can't wait!
* One more day at work and than a full day off to play, relax and have fun!
* Back is acting up again... when will this finally stop?? I am so tired of it! I wish I could just order a new "back"!
* I want to go on a vacation... anywhere! I really dont care at this time where exactly we would go, I just feel the need to get away for a few days, to spend time with Jeremy. Thinking of planning a little weekend getaway.
* Still hoping for that trip to Germany this winter... For some reason I am having serious doubts that it's going to happen. Jeremy can not get off during xmas and that's really the time I would want to go to spend with my family. Just thinking of going home for the holidays makes me emotional - seeing my nieces under that xmas tree opening up presents, hugging mom and dad, spending time together on xmas eve and day, going to xmas markets and maybe smelling and seeing snow... awwww... and the xmas smells in the city. Closing my eyes and I can picture it right in front of me... Gluehwein, cinnamon stars, xmas cookies, - a cold winter season - something to actually put me in the mood for xmas. As much as I love California, I am always getting homesick around xmas. There is nothing like xmas at home. How could you possibly get into the xmas flair while wearing a skirt and a t-shirt?
* a little roughie toughie day at work... nothing serious! Just one of those days when you feel beat when you get home!
* grateful for all we have! Counting my blessings!!!

No comments: