Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Update

KITCHEN: 2nd day of installation. The kitchen looks like it's half dressed :) It's taking form though and I love it! I can't wait to see the final stage and am so flipping excited that things are finally moving. Being without a kitchen for nearly 7 months has not been easy, but looking at it now, it's so worth it... Unfortunately it started raining today. Of all the days, it had to rain today {and we don't have too much rain in September in California}... yes, the kitchen is haunted, but we will get there... I will post photos tomorrow when all the cabinets are in. On Saturday we have to go back to Lowe's to order appliances and to order our granite countertop. Someone will have to come out and measure the countertop dimensions so the granite can be cut to size. Should take about 2 weeks (that's at least what we have been told). I think we might look at a finished kitchen by the middle of October.
PHOTOCLASS: really love the class I am taking right now. I feel like I have already learned a ton and it's only the beginning. Well, not hard to teach a "point-and-shot girl something" as there are so many possibilities out there. Our 2nd assignment is Panning. You move the camera with your moving subject and press the shutter while moving the camera with the subject. This should give you a clear image of your subject but blurr the background and show movement/speed. Ang, Margarita and I are thinking of meeting on Saturday and trying the panning with someone on a swing set. If someone reads this (not that actually someone reads my rambling) and you have other ideas, please leave me a comment.

3 comments:

yezenia said...

What do you mean your kitchen is haunted?!?

Martha Bravo said...

I can't wait to see the whole thing done!

Unknown said...

Hey Syb. Mark and I got our granite countertop on Shermanway/Van Nuys. We got it all for about $2,500 - that included the installation. They came out within the week and all was done. Just and idea of Lowes charges more or takes a lot more time.

-bucket