Monday, September 05, 2005

Stung by a bee ...

Jer and I were invited by Ang's family to spend Sunday with them at the beach. We got directions from map quest and ended up taking this tiny little windy road over the mountain (CA 23). It felt like we were everywhere but LA. Countryside, mountains, a tiny little road... we ended up in Malibu and headed to Sycamoure Beach. Ang's family had the BBQ going and we made it just in time for lunch. Afterwards we vegged in our beach chairs and chit chatted. The sun was bright so we decided to leave the cameras in the car until the late afternoon... Well, the picture perfect moment passed the moment I was stung by a bee. I had some punch and didn't look inside the cup before taking a sip. BIG MISTAKE. I felt something in my mouth and spit it out right away but in a few split seconds in between the bee stung me right in the middle of my upper lip. We were able to get everything out of my lip but it started swelling up pretty much immediately. Luckily we had ice on hand, so the swelling was controlled to a certain extend... I had to think of the movie Hitch where Will Smith kept saying "oh its not so bad" and than looking in the mirror at the drugstore and screaming". The moment I looked into the mirror, my upper lip seemed to have tripled in size. ... not to sound cynical, but it looked like I got too much botox for free ;)

1 comment:

yezenia said...

OUCH! You know, meat tenderizer on a bee sting reduces the swelling by breaking up the proteins in the stinger (or whatever is left under your skin). I'm just full of random facts like that. Anyway, it helped my mom when she got stung. Is your lip back to normal now?