Sunday, August 14, 2005

Let's talk friendship ...

What is a friend??? Below are my definition of friendship versus acquaintances ...

A FRIEND is someone you trust completely. Someone who stands on your side through thick and thin, who supports you and whom you support. Whom you can lean on and give a shoulder to lean on. Someone who walks beside you, not in front of you and not behind you, someone who knows you inside and out and still loves you for who you are, someone you can be "the true you". I know my definition of friendship is "high" that's why I probably can count my true friends on one hand. However, if you find that person, that special person you want to share your life and thoughts with and who is willing to do the same, you are truly lucky, KWIM?

Acquaintance are people you know either well or sometimes not so well and you get along with. People you like to spend time with, people you can laugh with but at the end of the day when you get home you know deep down that they are only there to go a little of the way with you, just a bit of the road.

Don't take me wrong... acquaintance can enrich your life in an amazing way. They can show you things you didn't know, make you understand and see something in other lights and perspectives, and have an impact for a short or longer time in your life. But the difference between a true friend and an acquaintance is not only the length of time you walk together but the intensity and meaning they leave on you and your life.

So today I want to say thank you to my "real" as real can be friends! Thank you for sharing your life and thoughts with me and for making me complete. Life without you wouldn't be the same!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Augh Syb you made me cry. I feel so bad I haven't keep in contact with you. Your one of the few people I have always considered to be real and not fake. Again hope your doing well.

-bucket